DIY homemade lip balm recipes are a fun and easy way to create your own natural lip care products. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make lip balms that are customized to your preferences and needs. Whether you want to add a pop of color, a touch of shimmer, or simply moisturize your lips, there is a DIY lip balm recipe for you.
When it comes to making homemade lip balm, the possibilities are endless. You can use a variety of ingredients, such as beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, and essential oils, to create a lip balm that is both nourishing and hydrating. Additionally, you can experiment with different flavors and scents to find the perfect lip balm recipe for you.
In this article, we will share with you seven of the best DIY homemade lip balm recipes that you can make at home. Each recipe includes an ingredients list and step-by-step instructions to help you create your own custom lip balms. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced DIYer, you are sure to find a recipe that suits your needs.
Minty Shea Butter Lip Balm
For those who love the refreshing scent of mint, this minty shea butter lip balm is the perfect DIY recipe to try. This lip balm is easy to make and provides a cooling sensation on the lips, making it ideal for hot summer days or after a workout.
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 5-7 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax together until fully combined.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add the peppermint essential oil. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm containers and allow it to cool and harden.
- Once the lip balm has hardened, it is ready to use.
This minty shea butter lip balm is a great addition to any DIY beauty routine. It is moisturizing and nourishing for the lips, while also providing a refreshing minty scent. Additionally, the combination of shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax creates a protective barrier on the lips, helping to prevent dryness and chapping.
Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm
Vanilla and honey lip balm is a popular DIY recipe that is easy to make and provides excellent moisturizing benefits to the lips. The combination of vanilla and honey creates a sweet and soothing flavor that is both calming and relaxing.
To make vanilla and honey lip balm, the following ingredients are required:
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Raw honey
- Vanilla extract
- Vitamin E oil
Here are the steps to make vanilla and honey lip balm:
- Melt the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Add essential oils and vitamin E oil, if desired.
- Stream in room temperature honey while whisking.
- Once combined, add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or tins and let them cool on the counter until hard.
- Cap and label the lip balm tubes or tins and store them as you would any other lip balm.
- Keep the lip balm away from extreme heat and use within 2 years.
This recipe will make enough to fill approximately 15-18 standard lip balm tubes or 3-1 oz. tins. The lip balm will provide excellent moisturizing benefits to the lips and will leave them feeling soft and smooth.
Rose and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
For those who want a fragrant and nourishing lip balm, the Rose and Coconut Oil Lip Balm is a perfect choice. This lip balm combines the moisturizing properties of coconut oil with the soothing and healing effects of rose petals.
- 1/4 cup culinary rose petals
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- Place the rose petals in a mason jar or heat-safe glass measuring cup.
- Cover the petals with coconut oil and stir the mixture with a clean spoon.
- Let the mixture sit for a day or two to allow the rose petals to infuse the oil with their fragrance.
- After a day or two, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the rose petals.
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax and coconut oil together.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the infused rose oil.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers and let it cool and solidify.
This recipe is simple and easy to make, and it yields a fragrant and nourishing lip balm that will leave your lips feeling soft and moisturized. It is important to note that the beeswax in this recipe helps to keep the lip balm solid at room temperature, so be sure to include it in the mixture.
Overall, the Rose and Coconut Oil Lip Balm is a great choice for those who want a fragrant and nourishing lip balm that is easy to make at home.
Lemon and Lavender Lip Balm
Lemon and lavender are two essential oils that work wonders for the skin. They are great for soothing dry, chapped lips and providing a refreshing, calming sensation. Here is a simple recipe for making your own lemon and lavender lip balm.
|Lemon essential oil
|Lavender essential oil
Melt the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat until completely melted.
Remove from heat and add the lemon and lavender essential oils.
Stir the mixture well and pour it into lip balm tubes or containers.
Let the mixture cool and solidify before using.
This recipe is a great way to make your own natural lip balm that is free of harmful chemicals and preservatives. The combination of lemon and lavender essential oils provides a refreshing and soothing sensation that is perfect for dry, chapped lips. Give it a try and see how it works for you!
Chocolate and Almond Oil Lip Balm
For those who love the combination of chocolate and almond, this lip balm recipe is a must-try. It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
- Melt beeswax, cocoa butter, and almond oil in a double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted and combined with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a container and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, the lip balm is ready to use.
This lip balm is perfect for those who want to keep their lips moisturized and nourished with the added benefit of the delicious chocolate and almond scent. The beeswax and cocoa butter help to lock in moisture, while almond oil helps to soothe and hydrate dry and chapped lips. The chocolate chips add a subtle chocolate flavor to the lip balm, making it a treat for the senses.
Overall, this Chocolate and Almond Oil Lip Balm recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a natural and delicious way to keep their lips healthy and hydrated.
Beeswax and Orange Zest Lip Balm
This beeswax and orange zest lip balm is a perfect DIY recipe for those who want to make their own natural lip balm. It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Vitamin E Oil
- Orange Zest
- Essential Oil (optional)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of beeswax, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of shea butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of orange zest. Stir well.
- If you want to add a scent to your lip balm, add a few drops of essential oil of your choice.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm containers and let it cool and solidify.
This recipe makes a great gift for friends and family, or you can keep it for yourself. The orange zest adds a nice touch of citrus scent and flavor to the lip balm, while the beeswax and shea butter help to moisturize and protect your lips from dryness and cracking.
Overall, this beeswax and orange zest lip balm recipe is a simple and effective way to make your own natural lip balm at home.
Green Tea and Avocado Lip Balm
Green tea and avocado lip balm is an excellent DIY recipe that can help keep your lips moisturized and healthy. This lip balm is made with natural ingredients that are safe and effective for your skin. Here is a list of ingredients and recipe to make this amazing lip balm.
|Green tea leaves
|Vitamin E oil
Begin by infusing the green tea leaves in avocado oil. Heat the avocado oil in a double boiler and add the green tea leaves. Let it steep for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Strain the oil and discard the green tea leaves.
In the same double boiler, melt the beeswax and shea butter until they are completely melted.
Add the infused avocado oil to the melted beeswax and shea butter mixture and stir well.
Remove the mixture from the heat and add vitamin E oil. Stir well.
Pour the mixture into lip balm containers and let it cool.
This recipe makes an excellent lip balm that is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. The green tea leaves provide anti-inflammatory benefits while the avocado oil and shea butter moisturize and nourish the lips. Vitamin E oil is added to provide additional nourishment and protection against free radical damage.
Overall, green tea and avocado lip balm is an excellent DIY recipe that is easy to make and provides numerous benefits for your lips. It is a great alternative to commercial lip balms that often contain synthetic ingredients that can be harmful to your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top natural ingredients to use in homemade lip balms?
There are several natural ingredients that can be used to make homemade lip balms. Some of the most popular ones include beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E oil, and essential oils. These ingredients are known for their moisturizing and nourishing properties, which can help to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips.
How can I create a homemade lip balm without using beeswax?
Beeswax is a common ingredient in many DIY lip balm recipes, but it is not always necessary. You can create a homemade lip balm without using beeswax by using alternative ingredients such as cocoa butter, shea butter, or coconut oil. These ingredients can be melted together and combined with essential oils to create a nourishing lip balm that is free from beeswax.
What is a simple and easy recipe for making lip balm at home?
One simple and easy recipe for making lip balm at home involves using just three ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils. Melt the coconut oil and beeswax together in a double boiler, and then add in your favorite essential oils for fragrance. Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or small jars, and let it cool and solidify.
Can I make a lip balm using coconut oil, and if so, how?
Yes, you can make a lip balm using coconut oil. Simply melt together equal parts of coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler, and then add in your favorite essential oils for fragrance. Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or small jars, and let it cool and solidify.
How can I formulate a homemade lip balm to help lighten dark lips?
There are several natural ingredients that can help to lighten dark lips, such as lemon juice, honey, and almond oil. To make a homemade lip balm for lightening dark lips, you can mix together equal parts of lemon juice, honey, and almond oil. Apply the mixture to your lips before bed, and leave it on overnight for best results.